Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Preparation is Priceless

I love to plan - lists, to-do's, systems, etc. One of the areas that I've been finding more and more important in my business is creation of systems. If you can create a system, then you can repeat it. When you can repeat something, often you can re-produce results.

Here's the key:
If the results are good, keep the system. If the results are bad, investigate where your system is flawed and make the necessary changes.

I am exhibiting in a big tradeshow tomorrow, so I put everything that I need to do and take into a master checklist. I've been adding to the list for about a week. I'm sure there will be something I've forgotten. However, I have everything assembled to cart down to the show. Anything I missed will be added to the list, not to be missed for the next show.

Next step is an inventory of my systems...

1 comment:

Jen Blackert said...

Hi Shannon,

Great post! Visioning and Planning are the recurring mantra of a millionaire's mindset :)

Jen