Monday, July 17, 2006

Trainers Need to Sharpen those Spreadsheets

As I keep telling my clients and prospects, the best way for a training department to justify its existence (and budget) is to prove training's return on investment. While training is often seen as a "touchy feely" sort of operation, more and more organizations are seeing the light on this important business requirement:

http://www.workforce.com/section/11/feature/24/37/85/index.html

Training efforts are being disected for more than just content - are they efficient, are they effective, do they reduce costs, are they aligned with corporate goals? These are just a few tough questions that Chief Learning Officers, HR execs and departmental trainers are facing today.

The answers are critical, and available, if you take the time to gather the data and do the analysis. If you don' t have the time or capability, call me - I'll be glad to help you out, I've got Excel all warmed up...

No comments: